News & Events
|5/12/2013 - Bake Sale Fundraiser Scheduled|
The Northeast Texas Area Crime Stoppers will be hosting a Bake Sale Fundraiser on Saturday, May 25, 2013 from 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM (or until we run out of items to sell) at Walmart in Mt. Pleasant, TX.
We receive funding to pay rewards to our tipster through fines collected from the Probation Departments. However, our organization has day-to-day operating costs like this website, Call Center charges, TipSoft tip software and several other items that we need assistance from the community to help pay.
Please come out and join a good cause!
|1/23/2013 - January NETACS Press Release|
The Northeast Texas Area Crime Stoppers ended 2012 on a good
note. On October 26, 2012, Northeast Texas Crime Stoppers was asked to share a
photo of a white female using a stolen credit card at Big Tex Fuel Stop on I-30.
Within a couple of hours, a tipster contacted our Crime Stoppers Hotline and
provided the name of the suspect in the photograph. The Titus County Sheriff’s
Office filed a case with the Titus County District Attorney Chuck Bailey, and
in January 2013 an indictment was received.
The suspect, Megan Dawn McCallum, was indicted for Credit/Debit Card
Abuse by the Grand Jury.
In December 2012, Northeast Texas Area Crime Stoppers
received a Tip by Text from a subject on the Greyhound bus heading to
Nashville, TN. The tipster advised that he overheard two females on the bus
talking about transporting illegal narcotics in their purses. Due to the short
notice of the tip, local law enforcement was unable to get a unit to the bus
station in time to stop the bus, however, with the cooperation of Mount
Pleasant PD and several other agencies, the two females were finally
apprehended in Little Rock, Arkansas.
They were found to be carrying two kilos of cocaine with a street value
of approximately $30,000.00.
So far 2013 has started out well, with the apprehension of
Ashley Nicole Evans. Ms. Evan has been featured on our website and Facebook
page for several months and a tip was finally received, indicating that Ms.
Evans was located at a residence in Upshur County. Upshur County Deputies went
to the location and arrested Ms. Evans on two felony warrants out of Morris
County for Burglary of Habitation and Engaging in Organized Criminal Activity.
If you have information on any felony crime or the location
of any wanted felony fugitive please call the Northeast Texas Area Crime
Stoppers at (903) 577-TIPS (8477) and please visit our site at www.netacrimestoppers.org for
information on wanted fugitives, crime of the week and information on how to
submit your anonymous tips via our website or by text message. Remember, all we
want is your information and if your information leads to an arrest you could
receive a CASH REWARD of up to $1000.00.
|12/18/2012 - Crime Stoppers Tip Results in Two Kilo Seizure|
A tip was received last night from a tipster advising that two (2) females on the Greyhound bus coming through Mt. Pleasant on way to Nashville, TN were carrying cocaine. |
The police were not able to get to the bus station in Mt. Pleasant in time before the bus left but with the cooperation of multiple agencies, the two females were arrested in Little Rock with two (2) kilos of cocaine in their possession. Estimated street value of cocaine seized, approximately $30,000.00.
|12/4/2012 - Christmas Crime Prevention Tips|
With Christmas quickly approaching, we wanted to post a few Crime Prevention Tips to help make your holiday season Merry!|
SHOPPING PREVENTION TIPS:
1. Stay alert to your surroundings
2. If possible, shop before dark and with a friend. If you can`t shop before dark, park as close to the doors as possible in well lit parking lot.
3. If stopping at multiple stores, places packages and gifts in the
trunk of your vehicle and out of sight. If you are in an SUV, try and cover gifts with blankets or coats.
4. Make sure your car doors are locked and windows rolled up. Before going to your car, make sure to have your keys in your hand.
5. While walking to car, make sure you are not being followed and once at your car quickly glance inside and make sure no one is hiding in your vehicle.
6. Avoid carrying large amounts of cash. Pay for your purchases with check, credit card or debit card.
7. Be careful with purses and wallets. Carry your purse securely under your arm and put wallets inside jacket pocket.
PROTECTING YOUR HOME:
1. Be extra cautious about locking doors and windows while again, even for a few minutes.
2. Don`t openly display Christmas tree and presents in front window. It is too tempting for a criminal to smash window and steal gifts or return later to break into house.
3. Don`t advertise that you are gone for Christmas vacation. Criminals look for clues like piled up newspapers and mail or advertising flyers hanging on front door.
4. Use an inexpensive light timer when you are away and ask a trusted neighbor or friend to pick up newspapers and mail.
5. If you go out for the evening, turn on lights, radio or television in your house and apartment to make it appear someone is home.
6. Burglars know to look around front doors for spare keys. Do not hide spare keys under rocks, in flower pots or above door ledges.
7. Burglars prefer to enter through unlocked doors or windows. Don`t run extension cords for Christmas lights through windows preventing it from being locked.
8. Don`t post family name on mailbox. A burglar can call directory assistance to get telephone number and call to see if you are home.
9. Don`t leave descriptive answering machine messages saying that you are out of town on vacation.
10. After Christmas, don`t pile up empty DVD player, computer or other high dollar gift boxes on the street for garbage pickup. Cut boxes down and cut them up to conceal the items.
By following just a few of the tips above, we hope this will make your holiday season a safe and happy one.
|12/4/2012 - Northeast Texas Area Crime Stoppers Seeks Donations|
he Northeast Texas Area Crime Stoppers is looking for interested businesses to sponsor an ad at the top of our website at www.netacrimestoppers.org or individuals who would like to make a cash donation. The Northeast Texas Area Crime Stoppers is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation and the money will be used to offset the Daily Operations of our organization.
If you are interested, please print out the attached form, enter all the applicable information and mail along with donation to the address listed. If you have any questions, please feel free to email us at 903577TIPS@gmail.com
|12/3/2012 - Wanted Felon Featured on KLTV Crime Fighters|
Jacob Clinton is wanted by the Franklin County Sheriff`s Office for Injury to a Child with Serious Bodily Injury. Mr. Clinton was featured on December 3, 2012 on KLTV Channel 7 Crime Fighters segment.
If you have information as to his whereabouts, please call the Northeast Texas Area Crime Stoppers at (903) 577-TIPS (8477).
Remember, you will never be asked for your name and you will not have to testify in court. If your information leads to an arrest of Mr. Clinton, or any other wanted felony fugitive, you could receive a CASH REWARD of up to $1000.00.
|10/22/2012 - Two Fugitives Featured on KLTV Crime Fighters|
Please watch the KLTV Channel 7 News at 10:00 PM tonight as we feature two (2) wanted fugitives out of Naples Police Department in Morris County, Texas. Randy Dean Brooks and Deanna Lynn Hill are wanted for operating a methamphetamine lab in the back of a Budget Rental truck.
If you have any information as to their whereabouts, please call the Northeast Texas Area Crime Stoppers at (903) 577-TIPS (8477). Remember, all we want is your information and you will never be asked your name.
The link to the KLTV Crime Fighters board as well as the video from last night can be found at http://www.kltv.com/Global/link.asp?L=293440
|10/13/2012 - Raffle Drawing Winner at Country Fest|
The Northeast Texas Area Crime Stoppers would like congratulate Louisa Mendez for winning the Skil Jigsaw at Country Fest. We would also like to thank Tom Scott Lumber for the donation.
Thanks to all the people that came by and visited with us and thanks to those that bought raffle tickets or donated money to Crime Stoppers.
|10/2/2012 - September 2012 Press Release|
The end of August was really busy
for the Northeast Texas Area Crime Stoppers and the month of September has also
started out busy.
On September 1, 2012, the
Northeast Texas Area Crime Stoppers received information that Gwendolyn Kennedy
was located at a hotel in Longview, TX. Longview Police Department was notified
and went to the location, where Ms. Kennedy was arrested. Ms. Kennedy was
wanted out of Lone Star/Morris County for Aggravated Robbery.
On September 12, 2012,
information was received that Johnny Caraballo was located at a residence in
Camp County, Texas. Camp County Deputies went to the location and found Mr.
Caraballo hiding in a closet to avoid apprehension. Mr. Caraballo was wanted
for a Parole Violation for Unauthorized Use of Motor Vehicle by Franklin County
Ms. Kennedy and Mr. Caraballo were featured on our website,
Facebook page and in multiple media outlets throughout Northeast Texas. These
media and social outlets have been instrumental in getting the information out
to the people who are calling in the tips and information.
At the September meeting of the Northeast Texas Area Crime
Stoppers, the five tips for the end of August and first of September were voted
on by the Board of Directors. These tips resulted in six arrests and the
clearing of thirty-two felony warrants out of Titus, Morris and Franklin
Counties. The Board of Directors approved a total of $1925.00 in tips to be
paid out to these anonymous tipsters.
If you have information on any wanted felony fugitive or any
felony crime, please call the Northeast Texas Area Crime Stoppers at (903) 577-TIPS
(8477). Please visit our Facebook page and website at www.netacrimestoppers.org for
Crimes of the Week, wanted fugitives, crime prevention tips and news of our
Crime Stoppers program. Remember, all we want is your information. You will never be asked for your name!
|9/28/2012 - NETACS to Set Up Drop Box for Cell Phones for Soldiers|
The Northeast Texas Area Crime Stoppers will be setting up a drop-box at our booth at the Mt. Vernon CountryFest on October 13, 2012 on the downtown square supporting Cell Phones for Soldiers.
Cell Phones for Soldiers will give a one (1) hour telelphone calling card to one of our military personnel for every donation of a gently used cell phone. Please come out and support our troops as well as help the environmental impact of throwing phones and batteries into landfills.
Since 2004, Cell Phones for Soldiers...
- Raised more than $7 million and provided more than 150 million minutes of free talk time
- Mails approximately 12,000 calling cards each week
- Recycled more than 10 million cell phones, reducing the impact on landfills
- July 2012 launched Helping Heroes Home, to provide emergency funds for returning veterans to alleviate communication challenges as well as physical, emotional and assimilation hardships.
|Page 1 of 3||Prev | Next|